Monday, July 7, 2014

So Many WIPs!

Hello Friends - I have been off from work about a week now and am thoroughly enjoying the time away :) I am determined to stay busy crafting, so needless to say the WIPs are piling up! Here's what I admit to have going on right now...


This is a Granny Square afghan I started in the winter using Red Heart yarn. It's a pretty good size already and I plan on adding squares till I run out of yarn. I'm using the join-as-you-go method for attaching the squares. I'm keeping up with weaving in the tails as I go - so when it's done...it's done! It's too hot for working on it now though, even with the A/C aimed directly on me...lol.


This is a better size for summer crocheting...it's a pillow top I crocheted using Lily's Sugar & Cream 100% cotton yarn. I followed Lucy's pattern here for the motif and I crocheted the squares together as shown here. Thank you Lucy of Attic24 for such great tutorials :) I have a 14" pillow form, now I just need to crochet a back piece and another WIP will be finished.


These are other color combos I tried...I like the russet framed ones for an autumn pillow, but no need to worry about that now - summer crafts only!


Now these are summery! I followed the pattern from here
These are also made using Lily's Sugar & Cream 100% cotton yarn. I will probably make these into a colorful bunting. I have a board on my Pinterest here with all sorts of crochet motifs for garlands.


Lastly, and most recently, I have been making friendship bracelets. I prefer finishing them with jewelry findings instead of knots and buttons so the top three still need to get their final touches done. I also plan on embellishing them with rhinestones and other jewels which is all the rage right now. I made the red & blue bracelets for my daughter to wear on the 4th of July. You can do a google or youtube search for plenty of inspiration and patterns.

Well, I hope you enjoyed seeing some of my WIPs. If you are a "multi-tasker" like me, now you know you have company ;P

Thanks for stopping by...hope to see ya soon :)
Smiles, Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment